2 day Rotorua and Waitomo tour
Nowhere in New Zealand does the earth feel more alive than it does in Rotorua. The geothermal city of Rotorua is a magnet for travellers, who come to discover volcanic phenomena and learn about New Zealand's Maori culture. From explosive geysers to hurtling down a hill on a part go-cart and part toboggan, to cultural performances, Rotorua has it all.
- Transport from Tauranga, Te Puke or Waihi College.
- Skyline Gondola and Luge
- Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland, New Zealand’s most colourful natural volcanic environment. Its unique features include the world famous champagne pool, geysers, bubbling mud, steaming ground, huge craters and silica terraces.
- Tamaki Maori Village, Hangi and Cultural Show. Experience a traditional welcome, see and participate in demonstrations of traditional skills, enjoy a cultural performance and finally a hangi (ground oven-cooked) meal.
- Visit Waitomo’s famous glow worm cave and enjoy the fascinating and beautiful limestone formations and glow worm gallery, as full of glow-worms as a clear night sky with stars.
- Blackwater Tubing: float down the underground river, jump into cascading underground waterfalls, and don’t forget to look up at the spectacular glow worms above.