Bay of Islands - 4 day Labour Day Weekend.
An epic 4-day adventure to the Bay of Islands, a region also known as “The Winterless North’!
In this four day tour, you can choose to travel from Tauranga, Waihi or Auckland to Northland, with many options to custom build your tour to inlcude some amazing adventures.
Venture with Learning Journeys for the opportunity to visit Paihia, Russel, Waitiangi, Cape Reinga (the very tip of t New Zealand), giant ancient forest, dolphins, sandboarding and some 144 islands that make up the stunning Bay of Islands. No wonder it is New Zealand's most spectacular destinations to visit
This is a 4 day epic tour that has left our students wanting more!
Summary of your 4 day Northland tour.
Start the tour with a scenic drive to Paihia, visiting the spectacularly famous Whangarei Waterfall
and experience a natural spa treatment at Ngawha Springs.
Day two (Cape Reinga and Sandboarding)
- Take an action-packed day tour to the northernmost point and stand at the very top of New Zealand - Cape Reinga. Drive along Ninety Mile beach, sand board down huge dunes and walk amongst giant kauri trees in an ancient forest. you can also add on a Fish & chip dinner with spectacular Bay of Islands views.
Day three (Free day to relax or add more)
This day has been designed, so you can custom build your day, to suit your level of fun and budget.
- Visit the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the birthplace of New Zealand (from $15).
- Skydiving; harness yourself to an experienced instructor and jump out of an aircraft from 12,000ft. Enjoy jaw-dropping views of the Bay of Islands as you freefall for up to 45 seconds (from $299)
- A cruise to find dolphins; get up close and personal with dolphins in the Bay of Islands on this 4 hour boat cruise. (options from $67). Swimming with the dolphins is only possible between October - April.
- Introduction to Scuba Diving; A perfect experience for people who have never tried scuba diving before, this full day activity includes your scuba diving suit and gear, expert training on how to scuba dive, and a shallow ocean dive (up to 12 meters) (from $290).
- Island Hopper Day Cruise; Join the Island Hopper Cruise for a magical day sailing around the Bay of Islands on a luxury 33ft catamaran. With over 140 islands to explore, there will be plenty to see as you relax in comfy bean bags as you enjoy the sunshine.
- Didn't have time to fit in all your extra activities, nows your chance? OR relax and take in more of Paihia's beauty with new friends.
- After lunch we say goodbye to the beautiful bay and start your scenic drive back home. On our journey back to Auckland and Tauranga, we'll visit waterfalls and some very famous cheeky toilets.