(includes transfer from Tauranga and Te Puke, guided tour of the volcano and lunch)
White Island is one of the most fascinating and easy to reach volcanoes on earth. It’s between 100,000 and 200,000 years old and walking on it is like walking on the moon. Hardly any plants survive the dramatic, acidic environment inside the crater walls. Instead, stunning beds of yellow crystals grow among hissing, steaming fumaroles.
Travel to the island by luxury launch for an in-depth guided tour with the island’s history and geology explained in an easy-tounderstand way. On the way you may see dolphins and if conditions are right, you can enjoy a snorkel in the clear
White Island tour itinerary
By arrangement only (min 10 students)
- 7 am approx. departure from School Pick up en route by arrangement
- Travel to White Island on a luxury launch. (Possible dolphin/whale watching en route)
- Guided walk on island through old sulphur processing plant and into crater.
- Lunch back on board anchored in bay.
- Snorkeling if conditions suitable and depending on adequate supervision in water (1 adult to 5 students)
- Return to mainland then Tauranga by about 5 pm
Want to know more? Contact us.